January 13, 2010

Smoking is bad for you

Life has a funny way of making a hypocrite out of you.


When I was a young lad there were some things I used to do, namely shoplift and smoke. I used to have a paper route that got me up nice and early after I was finished said route I used to go to 7-11. Now I'm not sure exactly how mildly retarded you have to be to work the overnight shift at a convenience store but I'm going to guess fairly. I used to go into the store chat up the guy working there and when he went in the store room I would get myself some gum or whatever and put it in my newspaper sack. Looking back on it now what 30 year old guy wouldn't suspect some teenager wearing a sack? And, what 30 year old guy wants to talk to a 13 year old kid? Maybe he was just a child molester and trying to gain my confidence so he could take me into the back room and touch me.


The other thing I liked doing was smoking, I used to smoke and smoke and smoke. In fact the first cigarette I had was shoplifted by my friend from the previously mentioned 7-11. I just realized that store is responsible for everything I am today. I should write them a thank you letter, or maybe a letter of intent to sue. So basically my day was all about thievery and smoking and hanging around looking like I was up to no good, which in fact I was.


The point to all the previous words is this;


The other day I saw a bunch of boys looking like they were up to no good and smoking and I thought to myself "Stupid little fuckers up to no good and smoking what a bunch of losers". Almost immediately it was followed up with another thought "Holy shit that was me like 20 years ago". When I was the kid in this little story I always thought to myself how cool I was and how old people were so lame. Oh how the tables have turned, turned right around been tipped over and slightly damaged.


I guess the morals to this story are, don't judge other people before they are hatched and don't talk to strange child molesters who work in retail stores.

2 Comments:

Esoteric said...

Memories, I used to work for a coffee shop in Oklahoma. When ever ran out of drinks we would run down the block and rolls those Pepsi and Mt. Dew cubes back and forth down the alley that connected the two places. When I think back to it I remember the constant paranoia of what if we got caught. So needless to say, I cut that sit out and lived off of 64 oz refills from then on.

jenniy said...

7-11 now sells grapes in a cup. i know this because they are perfect for satisfying my munchies when I'm stoned down in Tampa. Grapes are good for you, right? I can't decide though if my eating them while stoned takes away anything positive that might come from the chain selling healthy snacks.

Post a Comment

about me. not really.

dear you,

i don't talk about my child or being a mom. i don't talk about my garden. i won't mention my craftiness (often) or how much i save each week with coupons. if you're looking for that sort of thing, you're in the wrong place.

instead, let's abandon the tethers of domestication for a moment and remember what it's like to laugh at vulgarity and the world at large.

xo,

j

talk amongst ourselves


ShoutMix chat widget

Followers

Powered by FeedBurner

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Contact Us Here

boobietasselsforbuddha
@yahoo.com