January 11, 2010

And in other news

This just in


Bad = Bad


The hour long 10pm time slot Jay Leno show has been cancelled.


In other news, Scientists moved dog poop over 1 foot to the left and tied a yellow ribbon around it, research found that the dog poop still smelled exactly the same.


I'm not sure how NBC could not have seen this coming. Really? You don't think giving up your lucrative 10pm time slot to the same shitty program 5 days a week is a bad idea? No? Ok! Let's just look at this for a second.


You could watch Jay Leno OR Castle, Ugly Betty, Private Practice, 20/20, CSI, The Mentalist, Numb3rs, NCIS, and more but you get the idea.


I watched the first night and suffered through the not funny monologue until it came to the first skit where Kevin Eubanks was cheating on Jay with a Jay Leno look alike, changed the channel at that point and never looked back.


So now his hour long show is gone but they still want to keep him around doing a condensed version at 11:35. Condensing things does not make them better NBC! If you don't believe me go have a nice bowl of condensed soup right out of the can or have some nice condensed milk on your next bowl of corn flakes.


I actually feel a little bad for Leno because I personally think he's a pretty good guy. I think he's a lot funnier than his show might lead you to believe. Not to mention that he has a super kick ass collection of cars and motorcycles and is also very generous with charities. I don’t feel too bad for him though because he’s insanely wealthy and can and probably will go do stand up shows in Vegas to sold out crowds for a little extra scratch if he needs it.

3 Comments:

jenniy said...

i'm glad to see that peer pressure still has its place in the world.

did anybody taste the dog poop?

Creedish said...

I <3 you Craig. Be my boyfriend?

I'm a Stern fanatic, and he was foaming at the mouth when Jay did that enormous PR blitz going into prime time, about how it would tank within a matter of months. I like Conan a lot, but taking a really successful formula and slapping it with a dick is pretty bad business. And Jay is annoying as shit to me, but he's a really good guy, and he ruled the ratings for that time slot.

jenniy said...

so conan released a statement today saying he wouldn't continue on with the tonight show if it's going to be pushed back to 12:05 to accomodate jay leno's show at 11:35. i suppose technically he's right in saying that doing so means it's no longer the tonight show as it's been for 60 years.

Post a Comment

about me. not really.

dear you,

i don't talk about my child or being a mom. i don't talk about my garden. i won't mention my craftiness (often) or how much i save each week with coupons. if you're looking for that sort of thing, you're in the wrong place.

instead, let's abandon the tethers of domestication for a moment and remember what it's like to laugh at vulgarity and the world at large.

xo,

j

talk amongst ourselves


ShoutMix chat widget

Followers

Powered by FeedBurner

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Contact Us Here

boobietasselsforbuddha
@yahoo.com