January 13, 2010

A bad joke gone badder, or: A bad joke made more gooder

When I was younger, my friends and I would often 'drive around' (That means we smoked pot in the car while we were driving through one neighborhood after another). It was the really the only thing we had to do at the time because we were still not old enough to go to any of the bars. This is a common activity in Phoenix for most young stoners. It was during one of these driving adventures that my friend, we'll call him "T", who was driving decided to tell a joke. As I said before, this was when I was younger...at least five years ago, and I was a mega stoner back then, so my memory is shit and I can't remember the exact wording of the joke. Here's what I remember:

"T": What do you call this? (He then pantomimed, flailing his arms)

I don't know...

"T": Guy in a wheelchair playing basketball!

"T": What do you call this? (More pantomiming, more flailing)

What?...

"T": Guy in a wheelchair playing baseball!

"T": What do you call this? (More)

I don't know, what? (At this point we're wondering if he even knows what he's talking about)

"T": Guy in a wheelchair doing the long jump!

"T": What do you call this? (He then pantomimed pushing himself along in a wheelchair, while slapping himself in the forehead).

We laughed a little bit and said "I don't know what's that?"

"T": Guy in a wheelchair running the hurdles.

We broke out in laughter. Kind of a dumb joke, but, it was funny. We were baked.

Before the laughter died down, the girl sitting next to me in the back of the car (an acquaintance) turned to me and leaned in towards my ear as if to tell me a secret. This is what she whispered to me:

"People in wheelchairs can't do hurdles."

1 Comments:

Creedish said...

See...that was pretty funny.

Post a Comment

about me. not really.

dear you,

i don't talk about my child or being a mom. i don't talk about my garden. i won't mention my craftiness (often) or how much i save each week with coupons. if you're looking for that sort of thing, you're in the wrong place.

instead, let's abandon the tethers of domestication for a moment and remember what it's like to laugh at vulgarity and the world at large.

xo,

j

talk amongst ourselves


ShoutMix chat widget

Followers

Powered by FeedBurner

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Contact Us Here

boobietasselsforbuddha
@yahoo.com