January 9, 2010

three bad brothers


ok. i like the hip hop. don't get me wrong. i let my 23 yr old friends appreciate eminem, young jeezy and those fucking...i don't know... say, luda. what's he done in forever?

when i was 9 an album dropped that would change my life. Some of you might not even have been alive then...or at least you were still chewing on pureed bananas or cheerios or whatever you eat when you cut a tooth (that's you Josh). that album was License to Ill. the providers were the Beastie Boys.

here's the law. everyone who loves music must at least be familiar. you know who they are. you've heard songs from this album, at minimum. if however you have never owned this album...on tape, vinyl, cd or all digital...well i don't fucking know what to say to you.

when took a car trip to masseena NY to kick american ass at a baseball tourney (3homers/1GS...suck it) when i was 10, i listened to it.
when i called girls up in middle school to go watch a movie and make out, i listened to it.
First smoke,
first drink,
first tit grab
first stolen car ride
13th birthday party
cartag
smoke
that time i was gonna go down on this girl and, just in time, thought better of it and told her that girls was the coolest song ever
smoke
smoke
smoke
highschool shit-punk band (awesome cover of Eagles Hotel California!)
first job
all through university
self mixed wedding soundtrack
fuck, any party i ever had
you get the idea

obviously, occasional obsession issues. so. these are the original demos from the album. lovingly referred to as Original Ill.

the tracks I'm Down, Scenario, Fight For Your Right #2 are on this album but it's missing Slow Ride which i just enjoy too much not to share.

the chances of finding die hard beastie fans here are remote, but i wager everyone remembers a time when a track off this album was playin in the background and they got stoked.

Enjoy

Learn

if you ain't down, well, hey fuck you.

3 Comments:

Creedish said...

SHAZAM AND ABRACADABRA! I swear to tits that that was playing on my shit when I read this. If I had a million dollars, I'd buy up all of the concert posters from their touring days. They're fucking rad.

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&client=firefox-a&channel=s&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&um=1&sa=1&q=beastie+boys+poster&aq=f&oq=&aqi=&start=0

PS. How you gonna call me out, old man? Shit.

Nex911 said...

That was the very first tape I ever bought I listened to it eleventy billion times for 2 reasons a) because it was superawesomo and b) it was the only tape I had. Oh the memories..

Shine on you crazy brass monkey, you funky monkey...

LowPerformanceAllstar said...

I am a hard core BBoys fan. I have a giant poster of them in my closet. I would hang it but it's starting to get so tattered I'm scared it will fall apart and I have seen them several times in concert. And yes, I am only slightly embarrassed to admit that they have made their way into the spank bank.

Post a Comment

about me. not really.

dear you,

i don't talk about my child or being a mom. i don't talk about my garden. i won't mention my craftiness (often) or how much i save each week with coupons. if you're looking for that sort of thing, you're in the wrong place.

instead, let's abandon the tethers of domestication for a moment and remember what it's like to laugh at vulgarity and the world at large.

xo,

j

talk amongst ourselves


ShoutMix chat widget

Followers

Powered by FeedBurner

Search This Blog

Contact Us Here

boobietasselsforbuddha
@yahoo.com