January 5, 2010

atp. ATP!!!!!!!





oh yeah... atp stands for alabama thunderpussy. you might have known that but i doubt it.

This band started out in Virginia in the mid to late 1990s. The band members changed a lot over the years and I don't really feel like trying to detail that all out. After calling it quits in 2008,  the band consisted of Kyle Thomas, Erik Larsen, Ryan Lake, Mike Bryant, and Bryan Cox. The album I'm posting here, Staring at the Divine, is from 2002 when Johnny Throckmorton still did the vocals. These songs are dirty. No, not the fucking lyrics... I mean the sound. Dirty. It's the first thing that comes to mind when I play this album or any of the others by atp but especially this one. Dirty is usually followed by the compulsion to grind my hips to celebrate all this dirtiness. This, I doubt seriously, will be the typical response for men, but are you going to complain when it causes such in  a female? if you do, then gtfo now.

this was said about this band and i can see why:

 ATP possess the kind of punk rock edge that most of their reefer-toting peers would die for. Monster Magnet may be slicker and Unida may be classier, but truckstop rock doesn't come any finer than this. An extended forefinger to the face of fashion--Kerang! 


This is some seriously sludgy southern metal. There's a 'classic rock' feel to a lot of it that I enjoy deeply. I was raised on that shit.  Some review on a random blog I read had this to say: 


Moreover, their ability to intertwine crunchy, thick slabs of groovy rhythm tracks with very solid leads makes Alabama Thunderpussy's music much more intriguing and compelling than many of their counterparts. 


This is also truth. so... just check it out here and enjoy.

2 Comments:

wastingawesome said...

you would not believe how hard it is to find a hot model with actual wing implants to pose for album covers...

good call on truck stop rock.

jenniy said...

truckstop rock is it. there's no other way to describe it.

Post a Comment

about me. not really.

dear you,

i don't talk about my child or being a mom. i don't talk about my garden. i won't mention my craftiness (often) or how much i save each week with coupons. if you're looking for that sort of thing, you're in the wrong place.

instead, let's abandon the tethers of domestication for a moment and remember what it's like to laugh at vulgarity and the world at large.

xo,

j

talk amongst ourselves


ShoutMix chat widget

Followers

Powered by FeedBurner

Search This Blog

Contact Us Here

boobietasselsforbuddha
@yahoo.com