January 8, 2010

Inspiration and Connection

This is perhaps one the most emotional songs/movie scenes I've been able to enjoy. I love Platoon, and think it brought us several great actors, all while telling a story that you don't often see. That of the one through the eyes of the soldier them self.



Adagio for strings somehow manages to capture the raw emotion of the soldier's constant battle with not only the enemy, but his own moral values. Being a war vet myself, there isn't a day that goes by that I don't think back on what I witnessed, and what I felt. It's something nobody can take away or compare to.

2 Comments:

wastingawesome said...

This is a beautiful piece.
Have you read Grossman's On Killing?

Philemon said...

Platoon is one of my favorite movies. I've had a small obsession with Vietnam, mainly because my Dad was there. It's not something he talks about so I guess it was a way I tried to connect to him indirectly.

Post a Comment

about me. not really.

dear you,

i don't talk about my child or being a mom. i don't talk about my garden. i won't mention my craftiness (often) or how much i save each week with coupons. if you're looking for that sort of thing, you're in the wrong place.

instead, let's abandon the tethers of domestication for a moment and remember what it's like to laugh at vulgarity and the world at large.

xo,

j

talk amongst ourselves


ShoutMix chat widget

Followers

Powered by FeedBurner

Search This Blog

Contact Us Here

boobietasselsforbuddha
@yahoo.com