January 3, 2010

Movie review...First of many


Photobucket

Chopper (2000)
Starring Eric Bana
Directed by Andrew Dominik

What can I say about chopper read? Don't piss him off. At the begining of the movie Mark Brandon "Chopper" Read has spent most of his adult life in an Australian prison. He's the kind of guy who will stab you ten times in the face, back off and appologize, and then get pissed off when you won't forgive him. And according to the real Chopper, that's something he's done. He doesn't care who you are, friend or foe, if you have something he wants, he'll take it. He's a charming guy who plays all sides, and while a lot of his tales have been proven you can never tell where the reality ends and the fantasy begins. He's a murderer, a theif, and a thug. And if you're like me you'll be glued to the tv trying to figure out what crazy thing he'll do next. But he's unpredictable. He's by no means a hero but for some reason I ended up routing for him. He loves the spotlight, and while in prison Hams it up for TV interviews, becoming somewhat of a cult hero. After his release he uses his fame to write a series of crime novels. Eric Bana delivers a great performance, and I've read that the real Chopper actually requested him for the role when he was a relative unknown, because they look a lot alike. He had the character down, from the lumbering walk to the deceptively polite voice. This is one of the better movies I've seen in a while and it's one of those movies that flew beneath the American radar. Check it out. You won't be sorry.

~Quantum

If you like this review, there are more over on my page, totallyawesomedotcomebackslashirule.blogspot.com
I'll be posting them both places from here on out.

2 Comments:

wastingawesome said...

thanks for the post. i judge every book by its cover and the guns just weren't big enough on this one. i'll check it out now.

Tyson said...

Thanks for reading. It's a good one. I was surprised myself

Post a Comment

about me. not really.

dear you,

i don't talk about my child or being a mom. i don't talk about my garden. i won't mention my craftiness (often) or how much i save each week with coupons. if you're looking for that sort of thing, you're in the wrong place.

instead, let's abandon the tethers of domestication for a moment and remember what it's like to laugh at vulgarity and the world at large.

xo,

j

talk amongst ourselves


ShoutMix chat widget

Followers

Powered by FeedBurner

Search This Blog

Contact Us Here

boobietasselsforbuddha
@yahoo.com