January 31, 2010

Incredible Idiots




wow. ever have one of those days where you thought you might as well just pack it up. write your mom good bye. climb to the roof of a four floor building (cuz who we kiddin? we're all way less in shape than our singles-sites profiles lead randoms to believe) and take a flying fucking leap?


this is now.

I may be the last in the world for this one, but...

(are you ready? just checking cuz it'll floor you.)

...Green Day's American Idiot is being produced as a Broadway Musical.

So, holy shit. Do all the old punks have mortgages now?

"American Idiot follows the exhilarating journey of a new generation of young Americans as they struggle to find meaning in a post-9/11 world, borne along by Green Day's electrifying score. This high-octane show includes every song from the acclaimed album American Idiot, as well as several songs from the band's Grammy-nominated new release, 21st Century Breakdown.

Apparently when masturbation's lost it's fun you write shit music that appeals to the lowest common and find a way to make jewish grandmas everywhere take the newest man in the family to a show for christmas.

I seriously have not had any time for Green Day since Dookie. What's better than your mid teens at punk shows? I saw GD in support of this album at the Bob Guertin Arena (in Quebec) when I was 15. This was in a whole different province with a lower drinking age. Being 6'3 at 15 means you buy the beer. My friends Ryan, Chris and I split a case of 50 and smoked a couple grams before sinking into Gen Adm. I remember more of that show than I do from the shrooms and hash brownie combo at the Pink Floyd show the next year.

So. Here's Dookie. Spend 45 minutes thinking about how much fun it was to be a teen and ignore the disappointment of a Broadway Green Day. Low quality and it sounds like it should be on tape.

Fuck You

2 Comments:

jenniy said...

someone should die for this

Esoteric said...

Broadway? Greenday? I'll pass. I stopped listening to them after Dookie. As of the musical, my ears bleed enough from an aunt that smokes a pack of discount smokes a day as well as a 12 pack of cheap beer.

Post a Comment

about me. not really.

dear you,

i don't talk about my child or being a mom. i don't talk about my garden. i won't mention my craftiness (often) or how much i save each week with coupons. if you're looking for that sort of thing, you're in the wrong place.

instead, let's abandon the tethers of domestication for a moment and remember what it's like to laugh at vulgarity and the world at large.

xo,

j

talk amongst ourselves


ShoutMix chat widget

Followers

Powered by FeedBurner

Search This Blog

Contact Us Here

boobietasselsforbuddha
@yahoo.com