January 28, 2010

Forgive Me Father...

I was thinking of something, but then I lost it.


For some reason I had religion on my mind earlier. Oh yeah, Pope John Paul II used to flaggelate himself and lay on the floor naked for hours to get closer to God.


I like Trent Reznor's idea better.


Self flagellation is actually an ancient Christian tradition for spiritual cleansing, reliving the abuse Christ suffered before the crucifixion. Of course, very few actually did it to the point that it scarred them. Often it was quite the spectacle, men and women unclothed and whipping themselves in penitence to God. And then they would pass the hat around to those that would watch the display they put on. All show, no substance...go figure.


As I was showering this morning (lately this seems to be where I think my thinkiest thoughts) I got the picture in my head of the Catholic Church as a group of silly young boys in their tree house with a big "NO GIRLS ALLOWED" sign. What a silly bunch of little boys. You don't know what you're missing.


I don't think there's anything that has put women down and made them look like a bunch of lascivious troublemaker more than the Bible and the Catholic church. The one that sticks in my craw the most is the very first one. That troublesome tempting tartlet Eve. Everything was fine until she came along. We lived in blissful ignorance of pretty much everything. It was all good because it's always good when you don't know any better.


Now all Eve had to do was relax, let Adam throw one in her now and then, and just enjoy the scenery. No big deal. The devil though, he knew Eve's weakness. He knew what she secretly desired and craved. Knowledge. Learning. The ability to make herself more than just the first cum dumpster to walk the earth. The ability to look at God and ask, "Hey, what the fuck is up with that?"


So the devil pointed out the tree of knowledge. One bite would elevate her to God's level of knowledge. She would be able to see, be able to know, be able to think for herself. So she bit the apple even knowing it would cost her dearly...that with awareness came suffering and pain and the wrath of God. She was brave.


So I want to thank you Eve for being courageous and doing what was right. Knowledge is worth the pain and suffering. It is worth more than God's love. Ignorance may be bliss, but it's also emptiness.


Oh, and thanks for sharing. I know you took the bigger bite, but it's all good.

4 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I blame God in this whole thing. What loving father/mother/creator DOESN'T want his children/creatures to learn and grow. . . to have free will, to make their own decisions? Cast out of Eden because they became "aware"?

Also, I see what you're doing here. Jenniy IS hot, and writing blogs about how tough women have it IS a good way to worm your way into a girl's good graces.

Brown noser.

jenniy said...

oh come on, mron!

you're just made you didn't write this one first.

wastingawesome said...

eating of the tree of knowledge also brought death. Knowledge brought shame and the emotions associated with it. Fucking Eve. she made me feel bad about my uninspiring girth.

when my kids don't listen they get cuffed to the ground

Philemon said...

How DARE you!!

*slaps your face with a white glove*

PISTOLS AT DAWN!

Dress warmly. You'll get a sniffle if you don't.

Post a Comment

about me. not really.

dear you,

i don't talk about my child or being a mom. i don't talk about my garden. i won't mention my craftiness (often) or how much i save each week with coupons. if you're looking for that sort of thing, you're in the wrong place.

instead, let's abandon the tethers of domestication for a moment and remember what it's like to laugh at vulgarity and the world at large.

xo,

j

talk amongst ourselves


ShoutMix chat widget

Followers

Powered by FeedBurner

Search This Blog

Contact Us Here

boobietasselsforbuddha
@yahoo.com