December 31, 2009

there is nothing new under the sun





I like cover songs. I don't like cover bands.

Coalesce is a band you'll find frequently hitting my playlists. I like their sound a good bit. In fact, I'm listening to them as I type. The band has been together off and on since the mid 90s with their lastest release, Ox, coming from Relapse  Records in 2009. (Relapse knows their stuff. Check their site for lots of goodies). In 1999, an ep of led zeppelin covers was released entitled there is nothing new under the sun. I love led zeppelin. i grew up listening to them among many other 'classics', and i'm still of the frame of mind that i couldn't have the music i love so much today without them. at first listen, i thought to myself... i never thought it possible to really fuck up a zeppelin cover, but here's my proof... i kept an open mind though. it's grown on me tremendously. sean ingram's voice is almost as unique as robert plant's. what i have for you here is the 2007 reissue of the album which actually features a sabbath cover, a couple boysetsfire covers, and more. give it a try. perhaps my favorite on here is the one original song featured on this reissue entitled bob junior. and that sabbath cover ain't half bad.

check out the band here. their new release is lovely. wild ox moan is a song i can't do without.

enjoy this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

about me. not really.

dear you,

i don't talk about my child or being a mom. i don't talk about my garden. i won't mention my craftiness (often) or how much i save each week with coupons. if you're looking for that sort of thing, you're in the wrong place.

instead, let's abandon the tethers of domestication for a moment and remember what it's like to laugh at vulgarity and the world at large.

xo,

j

talk amongst ourselves


ShoutMix chat widget

Followers

Powered by FeedBurner

Search This Blog

Contact Us Here

boobietasselsforbuddha
@yahoo.com