December 28, 2009

caltrop


This band, which describes itself as blues/rock, is fantastic. I saw them live in Savannah (I'm a GA girl if you didn't know) during the summer and they honestly knocked my socks off. I bought their CD that night and I've listened to it often ever since. It's not the same old sludge and doom metal bands that you usually find frequenting my playlists and my downloads, but I have a huge spot of love for these guys. Bluesy rock really isn't a good description. It's something a little different entirely...at least by my standards. I'm not a musician and I'm not here to give you some bullshit review. I just like sharing music....and I want more people to know this band. The album is good, but seeing them live is even better so, if you have a chance to catch a show, you'd be foolish to miss it. Their energy catches your breath a little.

Enjoy This.

check them out here

7 Comments:

jenniy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Philemon said...

Bluesy rock isn't a good description. I got a real 70's prog rock feel from them, with a rougher edge. And they have long songs that you can just get lost in. This band and the Black Keys are the two favorites that you introduced me to.

jenniy said...

that reminds me... give the flying eyes a try if you can find them. i dl'd them from sludgeswamp (www.sludgeswamp.blogspot.com). that website usually has a good bit of stuff like this floating through

Tyson said...

I've checked em out on your recommendation before and you are right. good stuff

Philemon said...

Looked up the flying eyes. They are good...love that distortion. Just nasty.

Everything old is new again. They should be opening up for Cream.

jenniy said...

glad you like them. i might post something here for people to get... i've really been enjoying them myself

dOOmGrinder said...

Yeah! Nice, jenniy! But track 5 is corrupt ...

Post a Comment

about me. not really.

dear you,

i don't talk about my child or being a mom. i don't talk about my garden. i won't mention my craftiness (often) or how much i save each week with coupons. if you're looking for that sort of thing, you're in the wrong place.

instead, let's abandon the tethers of domestication for a moment and remember what it's like to laugh at vulgarity and the world at large.

xo,

j

talk amongst ourselves


ShoutMix chat widget

Followers

Powered by FeedBurner

Search This Blog

Contact Us Here

boobietasselsforbuddha
@yahoo.com