February 20, 2010

Congrats is in order?

So my divorce was finalized this week, and I have now rejoined the ranks of the single. Still not sure what to feel, or how to react, maybe still in somewhat of shock.

My ex and I have a decent relationship, mainly due to ensuring the kids are well off. She posted a blog elsewhere and mentioned the finalization. But something odd occurred to me. People were giving her congrats on the divorce. Why congrats? Was the marriage well known as being horrifying or anything of that nature? No, not by a long shot. Nobody knew anything about it in all truthfulness. And I guess that's what boggles my mind. How come someone who knows little of the situation even comment on it, let alone say congrats.

I mean, is congrats even in order; considering in all seriousness, divorce can be compared or liken to a failure. If an athlete set out to win a championship, or a gold medal and failed, would you go up to them and congratulate them? Not at all.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not upset, or angry even. I just don't think there is anything to congratulate anyone about.

This was just eating away, at the back of my mind the past few days, and I needed to put it out there.
Now for something totally random....



1 Comments:

Philemon said...

Might be the part where she said "Yay"!

*shrugs*

And the sycophants come out of the woodwork. They always do.

There might be a few sincere congrats about both of you being able to move forward from this point. You might have got some as well.

She just has the luxury of knowing how to react to it already.

Post a Comment

about me. not really.

dear you,

i don't talk about my child or being a mom. i don't talk about my garden. i won't mention my craftiness (often) or how much i save each week with coupons. if you're looking for that sort of thing, you're in the wrong place.

instead, let's abandon the tethers of domestication for a moment and remember what it's like to laugh at vulgarity and the world at large.

xo,

j

talk amongst ourselves


ShoutMix chat widget

Followers

Powered by FeedBurner

Search This Blog

Contact Us Here

boobietasselsforbuddha
@yahoo.com